In 2020, the Espace Culturel Gacha continues its international actions in favour of education, the circulation of knowledge and the development of populations. Its actions are carried out in Cameroon with the help of the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation, accordance with the terms and conditions specified in a cooperation agreement.
On 20 February 2020, the teams of the Espace Culturel Gacha (Dominique Manga and Danilo Lovisi) and the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation (Jules Mde Moujefou and ElodieTchouakui) met to sign the 2020 cooperation agreement in the presence of the founders of the two structures, Ly and Frédéric Dumas, as well as two members of the board of directors of the association and long-time volunteers in Bangoulap: Agnès Bureau and JoëlRaffier. This article may be enriched throughout 2020 with upcoming projects.
1. Training and support for the mission expenses of 2 volunteers of the association AGIR abcd par l’Espace in France
Within the framework of a humanitarian teaching mission of 3 to 4 weeks in the sub-prefecture of Bangangté in Cameroon for the pedagogical teams and the pupils of the schools supported by the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation.
2. Renewal of the collaboration within the framework of the « Plants » program with the Swiss Scientific Foundation Antenna.
The objective of this programme initiated in 2018 is the development and exploitation of the cosmetic and medicinal potential of the plants cultivated in the Foundation’s botanical gardens.
3. Financing of a project to support the teaching of French and LCA (Languages, National Cultures and Artistic Education).
Set up by the Centre des Cultures of the Jean-FélicienGacha Foundation in schools in the sub-prefecture of Bangangté and Bangoulap. This program consists in setting up of workshops in plastic arts, history and awakening to art in all its forms, aiming to support these teachings more generally in schools, to generateinterest in these disciplines and detect talent among the young participants.
4. Funding of the program content for the year 2020 of the socio-cultural and training space specific to early childhood located at the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation (the FoudjemChildren’s Home).
The program includes artistic initiations adapted to the youngest age, an awakening to local and French cultures and heritage, entertainment and playful activities. Exchanges and correspondence with children in France, coordinated by the Association, may be carried out for mutual enrichment.
DEVELOPING SOFT SKILLS
5. Allocation of an additional budget for the Madoun school building (Bangoulap chieftaincy school)
This school was built in 2019, thanks to funds allocated by the Espace CulturelGacha.
6. Financing of renovation works for the Jean-Félicien Gacha school in Manoré and the public school of Maka II.
Intended for schools supported since the beginning by the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation, these works are aimed at improving the living conditions and environment of the young pupils.
7. Financing of the ‘Planting Trees’ project.
This project aims to create tree-planted areas in the 5 schools supported by the Jean-Félicien Gacha Foundation and thus protect children with heat-related health problems, promote a healthier environment for students and educate the youngest in sustainable development.
8. Allocation of scholarships for access to education for some 20 students from the Jean-Félicien Gacha schools in Manoré and the Maka II public school.
9. Financing a program for the transmission of traditional knowledge.
This knowledge, linked to crafts and herbal medicine, set up on the site of the Jean-Félicien GachaFoundation, should contribute to the integration of a particular public in Bangoulap and the surrounding area: women.
10. Organization and financing by l’Espace of events, exhibitions or editorial projects on the theme of intercultural understanding between France and Cameroon.
11. Espace’s participation in events in France or abroad aimed at promoting Cameroonian artistic and craft skills.
This support includes direct support for event participation costs in which the Foundation would be associated and beneficiary in France.